History

L44 Crest 1901.png

The history of a Lodge which traces its origins from 1755 is inevitably long. Several histories have been published and these are listed below. The Lodge began in 1755 as an Antient (or Atholl) Lodge No 39 and met at St. Ann's Church and Mitre in Manchester. For reasons lost in history the Lodge lapsed for a few years but was revived in 1803; was renumbered 59 in 1813. 52 in 1835 and from 1863 finally became the Lodge of Friendship No44.